Are you looking for the best media players for Windows 10 on your computer? In this article, we’ll look at a few of the best media players and their features for window 10.
Video players are devices that play digital video data from a variety of sources, including local discs, CDs, DVDs, VCDs, streaming services, and so on. Modern video players work with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, as well as all of the major file formats. Many of us use the default Windows Media Player on our Windows-based computers. There are several third-party video players for Windows that provide additional functionality.
Read: Best Gmail Alternatives
Best Media Players for Window 10
Video players are multimedia players that can play video data from a variety of sources, such as local discs, DVDs, and streaming services. MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, and more formats are supported by this program. Many of these tools are user-friendly and can be used on computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
The following is a hand-picked list of the best video/media players available, along with their most popular features. The list includes both free and commercial applications.
1. VideoLan or VLC Media Player
- It is compatible with Codec X265 and can play any video or audio file.
- It has a video filtering feature that works in real time.
- You may take screenshots as well.
- VLC is compatible with all operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, and Android.
VLC is one of the most popular free video players available. It’s a cross-platform multimedia player that’s open-source. VLC supports all video file formats, including CD, VCD, DVD, cameras, audio, and streaming podcasts.
3ivX D4, H.261, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, Cinepak, Theora, VC-2, WMV, QuickTime, H.263,DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video are among the formats supported by VLC Media Player.
2. Pot Media Player
- The pot player is able to manage local storage files, URLs, FTP sites, analogue, digital, DVD, and Blu-ray files, each of which is compatible with the device of playback you select.
- This allows you to download, synchronize and adjust subtitles.
- The scene with pictures may be viewed.
- Detect and sync any format subtitles.
Pot Player contains all of the music and videos you need to enjoy. It has a screen recorder (along with live streaming), a TV recipient and a video editor in addition to the media player.
The formats which are supported by Pot Media Player are: MP4, MOV, 3GP, and MKV.
3. KM Media Player
- UHD, 4K, 2K, and 3D videos are among the file types supported.
- While downloading, you may play in real time.
- The KM Player theme may be customized by users.
- You may also make and listen to your own playlist.
It’s one of the best places to go for video streaming and content discovery. The KM player is well-known for its high viewership and ability to function as a stand-alone video player.
The formats which are supported by KM Player are: MPEG2, MPEG2, Flash, and all the other formats playable with decode-enabled software.
4. SM Player
- It comes with built-in codecs that let it to play any video or audio file.
- There are no codecs required for this media player.
- YouTube videos may be watched and subtitles can be downloaded.
- It has a variety of skins and icon themes, allowing you to customize the player’s appearance.
It can play audio tracks and music files. Along with easy-to-adjust subtitles, configurable playlists, screenshot capabilities, visual equalizers, and more, SM Player has a lot of features.
The formats which are supported by SM Player are: WMV, MP4, MKV, AVI, and more formats are available.
5. GOM Player
- It’s an easy-to-use video player that lets users request subtitles straight from the user interface.
- Subtitles are detected and synced automatically by the user.
- You will be able to watch UHD (Ultra High Definition) videos.
- You may also easily import a video playlist in its entirety.
It was designed by GOM Lab Software Inc. GOM is one of the best free media players available, supporting a wide range of file types/formats.
FLV, MP4, MOV, MPG, TS, AVI, DIVX, WMW, M4V, DAT, IFO, VOB, 3GP/3GP2, RM/RMVB, MKV, OGM, and a variety of additional formats are among the formats supported by GOM Player.
There are applications to fit every taste when it comes to video players for Windows 10. The media players we’ve listed in this list cater to e range of users’ demands, so perhaps you’ll find one that works well for you.
Q1. What are Media Player tools?
Video player tools are a type of media player that can play video data from a variety of sources, including local discs, DVDs, VCDs, and CDs, among others. MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, and other formats are all supported by this program. Many of these products are designed to be user-friendly and may be used on PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
Q2. What are some of the most frequent characteristics of video players?
MP4, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MKV, WebM, and other universal video formats should be supported. The video and audio should be of excellent quality. It should have a simple to use User-Interface Design.
Q3. What is Windows 10’s default video player?
The “Movies & TV” is the default video player in Windows 10. Windows Media Player is known to the vast majority of Windows 7 users (WMP). If you’re having trouble with WMP and/or are a huge lover of it, you may replace it to any other video player software you choose.
Q4. Is VLC still the greatest video player?
VLC is a media player that is both free and lightweight. It can play movies with resolutions up to 8K, 360-degree videos, and compressed file formats.